Tuesday, January 1, 2008

First Blog entry ever!

Good evening blogosphere. Welcome to dinner at the burns residence. I feel very excited and shy about this new venture, we'll see how it goes. Log of life, here we go. I entitled this blog "A meal with the burns" because sharing a meal is a great way to get to know people.



I'm a painter and I'm working on a series of landscapes, charting the seasons. This is my latest. It has been too cold to work outside in the usual manner, so this pic was painted from my car in a home depot parking lot. It was awkward working with my regular size easel, palette etc sitting in the passengers seat, not to mentiong that it was impossible to back up and look at the whole thing. Additionally the smell of turpentine was a little strong. If I work from my car again I'll make a little pochade box and use a smaller canvas.







2 comments:

sarahfburns said...

Note: I changed the title after the first few entries, but I still think having a meal with people is a great way to make friends

Kevin said...

Hello! Ol' Steve told me about your blog so I thought I'd come by and visit. I'm a student over at SOU starting my art degree. Just recently I've been seeing stuff from different Ashland Academy Art students so it was a fantastic opportunity to look through your work. I'll admit I really respect the amount of discipline I've been seeing. Thanks for putting your labor out there for us to see and learn from. Hope to see more of it in the future. Have a good one!