Monday, June 2, 2008

Dottie Damsel - New Model


I found a great new model, I'm excited to work with her, she's beautiful, interesting and holds so still.
Since working out Chris Johnsons superportrait, I've found that my place is to make paintings. That sounds fairly obvious, but what I mean is make paintings rather than beat myself with pointless studies. For paintings, I've been making studies, but with the purpose of preparing the painting. I'm tired of making studies with the sole purpose of gaining skills.
So I'm excited to make some studies of Dottie and set a painting and work it out.

2 comments:

Kurt Ankeny-Beauchamp said...

Nice sketch, Sarah. It's funny: I was just thinking that I needed to move on to larger and more involved paintings as well. I've got a length of canvas, freshly washed and hung to dry, and several larger stretchers glued up and ready to go. I've got some more prep work to do, but I'm looking forward to working on some larger works as well.

I can't wait to see yours!

sarahfburns said...

We can do it! Larger, More Involved paintings: here we come.