Monday, August 18, 2008

Last Goodbye or Lilac Wine?

I'm choosing between titles for my latest work. I've decided to name it after a Jeff Buckley song, for a couple of reasons.

First, I really like naming paintings after songs. Sometimes it's serious, sometimes it's funny, but it always increases the pool from which viewers can draw meaning. (or it might seem really stupid)

And Dottie, my famous summer model loves Jeff Buckley, she brought some over to listen to and I found a couple of songs that fit. Lilac Wine was my first choice and then Captain Johnson suggested Last Goodbye, which I was all for and then I listened to them both and I can't decide.



2 comments:

Faith said...

Is this a poll? If so...last goodbye!

Tracy said...

Sarah, I can't even begin to tell you how much I love Jeff Buckley. I wore out my first Grace CD, bought a second one and downloaded onto my ipod to live in immortality.

Beautiful painting and I vote for Last Goodbye. Or maybe Lover, You Should Have Come Over, if that's an option.

(I use often reference song titles and lyrics too)