Sunday, November 2, 2008

Back in Blog

I haven't blogged in so long, that it's difficult to go for it again. It was missed, often thought of, but not accomplished. Ah well. I've been busy. I'm doing a fantastic cleanse. I'm all aglow with health benefits.

I painted this for a comission about a month ago. It's small - 12" x 16" and loose. These evening light plein air pieces take a couple of sessions to paint since the light remains correct for less than an hour. I wish I'd have cropped out the grass, though. Always learning - that's the thing. Actually, after looking at it some more, maybe not. Maybe I would have shown the lightest green trees in the foreground just a hair more. Maybe not. anyway. keep working.



On another note, I saw this clip on tv last night and love it. It's especially for you Claire.

2 comments:

Nance said...

Good to see your work again. So was this Brechs or a neighbor of? I've always loved the evening light from their place. MMMmmm you're good.

sarahfburns said...

It was painted from Lincoln School. The lawn in front is the soccer field!