Tuesday, January 27, 2009

I'm Painting My Sister Again!

I started a preliminary sketch/study of my sister today. I'm pretty excited to have her in the studio again. Last time she modeled for me was about a year ago and we got into a fight (minor - sister thing) and I quit the painting and threw it in the trash. (Mature, huh?) It wasn't a very good painting, so no loss. Anyway she's been busy, she's a full time college student, studying to be a teacher and she works and baby sits our other sister's kid. Anyway, I finally have her back and am really excited to paint her. She's so intense. Her gaze is direct and fantastic. Here's a link to another portrait I painted of her.

3 comments:

Faith said...

Claire is so pretty! I love the portraits you do of her.

Fred Bell said...

Hi Sarah, I looked through your blog and your website and I think your work is just great. You became my "friend" on facebook today. Thanks. Let's exchange blog links. This is my blog address. Please check it out.

http://fredbellpaintings.blogspot.com

Nance said...

We're looking forward to when you share the finished portrait. Give Claire warm greetings from us. Posing for a portrait (or painting one) is great training for being a teacher, right? Hugs, Nancy