Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Finished Painting and New Ideas

So, I have mixed feelings (as usual) and mixed reviews on this painting on Lila. I'm not completely happy with the hand that rests on her leg, and her head and neck, her far shoulder bothers me too. The compostition overall I like, but the counter that the plant is sittting on looks a little wierd to me. Anyway, in general I feel like it's a good experiment on the way to some better paintings. This photo distorts the painting somewhat, too, sorry.

Anyway, I just wanted to post something - all my posts lately have reflected the fact that I've hardly painted in two weeks (maybe more). This is the last week mentoring teens, (it's been great, but time consuming). I've also been gessoing 80 square feet of panels - for the next 6 months - 1 year. Experiments with gesso too. Gamblin oil ground, New Masters Gesso, applied with a brush or a roller - to figure out what I like best.


I have been sharing a model with another artist. Last week we had a particularly inspiring person come in. She's in her early 20's, and kind of heavy. Ample body fat looks fantastic on a young person. I hope to start a painting of her next week.




No comments: